As my friend told me, this cake is a showstopper. In my husband’s words, this cake is simply awesome. You do get some unique and beautiful dishes out of the simplest ingredients and cooking process. The only task in this cake is to beat the eggs – Whites and Yolks separately and rest is just mixing and folding in. Do try out this cake for that unique nutty flavor.
- Almond Flour – 65 gms (3/4 cup)
- Sugar – 45 gms (1/4 cup)
- Eggs – 2 number
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp (If the batter is too thick)
- Almonds (sliced) – 2 tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and dust the baking dish with butter and corn flour.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites.
- Whisk egg whites for 5-6 minutes on high speed until soft peaks are formed. Keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, add egg yolks and sugar and whisk on high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy and nearly doubles in volume.
- Add vanilla essence and almond flour to the egg yolks and sugar mixture. Mix well until well incorporated.
- Add milk, if the batter is too thick.
- Fold in the egg whites into the egg yolks batter and mix well. Do not over-mix.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish and sprinkle slivered almonds on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check with tooth-pick if the cake has been cooked.
- Once done, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes.