You can enjoy this cake any time but this cake is enjoyed best on a raining evening or in the winters as it has dark and dense texture. The pulp of banana gives this cake its moistness and the caramel lends this cake the dark color. The use of spices like cinnamon and nutmeg gives this cake that extra warmth. Bake this cake in a bread loaf tin and enjoy it without any icing or frosting with tea or coffee.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 100 gms
- Sugar – 100 gms
- Butter – 80 gms
- Eggs – 3 number
- Caramel – 2 tbsp
- Ripe Banana Pulp – ¾ cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – A Pinch
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder – ½ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Walnuts (Chopped) – ¼ cup
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve the maida, baking powder, soda bi carb, cinnamon, and nutmeg powder and keep the flour mixture aside.
- Beat the whole eggs separately till they double in volume and till the mixture becomes thick and of dropping consistency.
- Beat the butter and add sugar to it gradually (in small portions) while beating. Keep beating the mixture till the mixture is creamy, light, and fluffy.
- Add maida and egg mixture to the butter mixture in small amount, alternatively. Mix lightly. You should start with maida mixture and end with maida mixture.
- Add mashed banana pulp and caramel to the cake batter. Stir the batter once or twice very gently.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C for 35-40 minutes.
Method for Caramel
- Spread 5 tbsp of sugar in a pan and place the pan on a low flame.
- Let the sugar cook till brown in color. Do not stir the sugar.
- Add 6 Tbsp boiled water to the brown sugar and cook for 1 minute.
- When it is hot, it will be of watery consistency. When cold, it will be of honey consistency.