When you are having a cake in a party, chance are that 90% of the time, you are eating the basic vanilla sponge cake. The vanilla sponge cake is the most versatile baking dish of all. You can layer it and decorate it with fruits, creams, icing, frosting, fondant, and many more things based on your imagination. This recipe will make 1 Kg cake.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 200 gms
- Sugar – 200 gms
- Butter (melted) – 50 gms
- Milk – 100 ml (½ cup)
- Eggs – 6 number
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve the maida for aeration.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Whisk egg whites till fluffy and stiff. Add sugar gradually and keep whisking the egg whites.
- Add egg yolk to the egg whites mixture one at a time and keep whisking.
- Add Vanilla essence and whisk.
- Add maida gradually and fold in with light hands.
- Add melted butter and fold lightly.
- Pour in the dusted baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180⁰C at lower rack.