Besan (gramflour) laddoos are one of my family’s favorites. I don’t think there’s any Indian household that does not like sweet, velvety, and melt-in-your-mouth Besan ke Laddoos. The only tough part of making Besan ke Laddoos is roasting. It will take somewhere between 25-30 minutes to roast the besan and if you are not sure if the Besan has been roasted, ask your neighbours or the person passing by the street 🙂 The sweet smell of Besan and ghee goes far far away.
- Besan (Gramflour) – 300 gms (2 and 1/3 cups)
- Sugar (finely granulated) – 200 gms (1 cup) – You can add more sugar as per your taste
- Ghee (melted) – 200 gms (1 cup)
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Almonds and Pistas (slivered) – ¼ cup
- Take a heavy bottom skillet (kadhai) and put it on low-medium heat.
- Add besan and ghee to the skillet and roast the besan on low-medium heat. The besan will change from crumbly mixture to the soft paste, to goey mixture.
- Once the besan mixture has turned goey and brown and has been roasted, remove the skillet from the heat. (You will know the besan has been roasted when you get the sweet smell coming out).
- Keep stirring the besan even after the skillet is away from heat to prevent it from getting burnt. Add cardamom powder and almonds to it. (keep some almonds for garnishing).
- Once the besan has come close to the temperature where you can touch it, mix the sugar and start making laddoos.