This cake is a perfect combination of carrots and oranges and the zest of orange in the recipe gives this cake that perfect freshness and flavor. With just the right amount of sweetness, this cake is soft, moist, and fruity.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 100 gms
- Sugar – 1 and ½ tbsp (Optional)
- Butter – 60 gms
- Milkmaid – 150 gms
- Milk – 50 ml
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ¼ and 1/8 tsp
- Orange Pulp – ¼ cup
- Orange Zest – 1 tsp
- Grated Carrot – ½ cup
- Preheat the oven at 165°C and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve maida, baking powder, and baking soda together and keep the flour mixture aside.
- Melt butter, milkmaid, and milk on a double boiler or microwave for 30 seconds until everything is melted. Add Vanilla essence to it and whisk with a hand whisk to mix well.
- Add flour mixture gradually and whisk well.
- Add grated carrot and orange pulp and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven at 165°C for 30-35 minutes. Check after 30 minutes and insert a tooth-pick to check to see if the cake is completely cooked.