This brownie is for those who do not like the wet and gooey middle when they bite into it. When you bite into this brownie, you will be able to feel the moist and dense cake sponge. This brownie is similar to the gooey brownie except for its texture which is a bit similar to the cake. The body of this brownie is a bit risen as compared to the gooey brownie due to baking powder in the recipe.
- All Purpose Flour – 65 gms (½ cup)
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 150 gms (3/4 cup)
- Butter – 60 gms (1/4 cup)
- Semi Dark Sweet Chocolate – 100 gms (½ cup)
- Eggs (large) – 2 number
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Espresso Powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
- Line the dish with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper is coming out of the edges. Butter the parchment paper so that it sticks to the pan.
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler. Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, remove from the double boiler and let it cool down.
- Sieve Maida + Cocoa Powder + Espresso Powder + Baking Powder and keep the flour mixture aside.
- In a big bowl, cream Butter and Sugar with a hand whisk.
- Add in Eggs and Vanilla Essence and whisk till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate. Whisk for 1 minute.
- Add the sifted dry mixture and milk in to the mixture and mix well until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- The skewer should come out clean with some moist crumbs. Do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.