These muffins are one of my family’s favorites. I make them when I have to make large number of muffins for my kids’ schools or for our travels or for any gathering. They are super easy to make and very delicious. Just follow the recipe and you can have 12 muffins in a matter of 35-40 minutes (including the preparation). These muffins can be made in plain vanilla flavor and in chocolate flavor.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 255 gms (2 cups + 1 tbsp)
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp (Take out 2 tbsp maida and add 2 tbsp cocoa powder)
- Sugar – 150 gms (½ cup + ¼ cup)
- Brown Sugar – 38 gms (1/8 cup + 1 tbsp)
- Butter (Unsalted) – 110 gms (½ cup)
- Milk – 200 ml (1 cup)
- Eggs – 1 number
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Choco Chips – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Prepare the muffin tray by lining the muffin paper cups.
- In a large bowl, sieve together Maida + Baking Powder + Baking Soda + *Salt. In case you are making chocolate muffins, take out 2 tbsp of maida and substitute it with 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Butter + White Sugar + Brown Sugar with an electric whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add an egg and vanilla essence to the Butter + Sugar mixture. Whisk lightly.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the Butter + Sugar + Egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add the remaining dry ingredient and mix well.
- Add Choco-chips and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the muffin cups and sprinkle Choco-chips on the top.
- Bake for 24-25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180°C.