Yes, they are everyone’s favorite. As simple it may seem, chocolate cupcakes have the tendency to become too light and hollow in the middle. Mostly because the batter for chocolate cupcakes is usually runny as compared to the vanilla cupcakes or red velvet cupcakes. You have to be very careful about of amount of flour and liquid that goes into these cupcakes. Another most important thing about turning out the best cupcakes is to fill the cupcake mould only till 3/4th of the cup.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 125 gms (1 cup)
- Cocoa Powder – 40 gms (1/3 cup)
- Sugar – 200 gms (1 cup)
- Vegetable Oil – 80 ml (1/3 cup)
- Buttermilk – 120 ml (1/2 cup)
- Eggs – 1 number
- Coffee (dissolved in milk) – 120 ml
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Line the cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add buttermilk and oil. Mix it well.
- Add the egg, coffee, and vanilla essence to the buttermilk and oil mixture. Mix it until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the moulds. Fill till the 3/4th of the cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 180°C. Check with the toothpick, if completely done.
- Allow them to cool completely before putting the frosting.