It’s a rich spongy chocolate cake and it comes out beautifully in a bundt mould. The sour cream in this recipe gives that perfect moisture to this cake. Enjoy this cake with a coffee or drip some chocolate sauce/graze or ganache, and this cake turns out heavenly.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 250 gms (2 cups)
- Sugar – 150 gms (3/4 cup)
- Butter (unsalted) – 220 gms
- Eggs – 2 number
- Cocoa Powder – 65 gms (½ cup)
- Baking Powder – 1 and ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Sour Cream – 1 cup
- Water (Warm) – ¾ cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C and dust the baking dish (Bundt mould) with maida and cocoa.
- Sieve flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat. Add cocoa powder and keep stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the warm water to the butter-cocoa mixture, mix gently and remove from the heat.
- To the warm butter-cocoa-water mixture, add sugar, sour cream, vanilla essence, and eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- Add sieved maida mixture to the wet mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 180°C. Check after 40 minutes if it is cooked. The cake should leave the sides.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate glaze/syrup.