If you are a fan of Black Forest cake, then this cake is where you begin with. Also, with lots of chocolate toppings like chocolate glaze, chocolate truffle icing, chocolate buttercream frosting, etc. you can elevate this chocolate cake to something heavenly. This recipe will make 1 kg cake.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 175 gms
- Sugar – 200 gms
- Butter (melted) – 50 gms
- Cocoa Powder – 25 gms
- Milk – 100 ml (½ cup)
- Eggs – 6 number
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve maida and cocoa powder for aeration.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Whisk egg whites till fluffy and stiff. Add sugar gradually and keep whisking the egg whites.
- Add egg yolk to the egg whites mixture one at a time and keep whisking.
- Add Vanilla essence and whisk.
- Add maida and cocoa powder mixture gradually and fold in with light hands.
- Add melted butter and fold lightly.
- Pour in the dusted baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180⁰C.