These melt-in-your-mouth cookies will make your day. Made with desiccated coconut and butter, these cookies are light and fluffy and at the same time crispy.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 75 gms
- Sugar – 45 gms
- Butter – 60 gms (Unsalted)
- Desiccated Coconut – 25 gms
- Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
- Extra desiccated coconut for later use
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C.
- Sieve maida and baking powder and keep the mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter with hands or with an electric whisk until light. Gradually add sugar to the butter and keep creaming until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and desiccated coconut to the butter-sugar mixture and collect everything to prepare a soft dough using your fingertips (do not knead).
- Make small balls from the dough and press lightly on the top with a thumb.
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut.
- Arrange the coconut balls on a baking tray and bake in the pre-heated oven at 200°C for 10-12 minutes. Remember to check the cookies after 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Your cookies are cooked if you see them browning from the sides.
- When you will take out the cookies from the oven, they will be soft and cushy. Do not cook them more.
- Follow these steps after the cookies are cooked:
- Take out the baking tray and keep it on the cooling rack. Let the cookies be on the baking tray till the tray is hot.
- Once the tray is at room temperature, remove the cookies from the tray and keep them on a separate plate and allow them to cool for another 30-45 minutes.
- If your oven tends to get too hot, reduce the time of baking by 1-2 minutes accordingly.
- Remember to keep the cookies batter and cookies sheet/baking tray in cold temperature. The cookies dough or batter or balls should always be chilled before getting into the oven.
- DO NOT leave the cookies dough or cookies balls at room temperature. If the oven is not ready, shift the cookies dough or balls into the fridge and take them out only when the oven is ready.