These cookies are soft and cushiony and they melt in your mouth. With every bite, you get a slightly tangy taste of cream cheese. Enjoy these cookies with a light drizzle of chocolate sauce or simply sieve over some powdered sugar.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 210 gms (1 and ¾ cup)
- Sugar – 200 gms (1 cup)
- Butter – 113 gms (1/2 cup)
- Egg – 1 number
- Cream Cheese – 113 gms
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Sieve together maida, baking powder, and salt and keep the mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, add butter and cream cheese and mix it with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar to the butter and cream cheese mixture. Beat it with the electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence to the mixture and mix well with the electric mixer.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and with the help of spatula, gently mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Beat with an electric mixer in the end to mix every thing evenly.
- Wrap the bowl with a cling film and keep it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
After 1-2 hours,
- Cover the baking tray with the baking paper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Take the cookie dough out of the refrigerator.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp of dough and lightly roll it between the hands to make a ball. (The flour will be very sticky. Do not worry. You do not have to make perfect round shapes. Just take the dough between the hands and collect the dough in round shape).
- Place the balls on the baking tray and bake them for 10-12 minutes at 180°C. Remember to check after 10 minutes.
- The cookies will be soft and cushiony. Using a knife, lightly lift one cookie. The base of the cookies should have turned slightly brown.
- Let the cookies cool down for 10-15 minutes. Drizzle some chocolate sauce or icing sugar on the cookies.
- These cookies will be soft and spongy in texture.
- Your cookies are cooked if you see them browning from the sides.
- When you will take out the cookies from the oven, they will be soft and cushy. Do not cook them more.
- Follow these steps after the cookies are cooked:
- Take out the baking tray and keep it on the cooling rack. Let the cookies be on the baking tray till the tray is hot.
- Once the tray is at room temperature, remove the cookies from the tray and keep them on a separate plate and allow them to cool for another 30-45 minutes.
- If your oven tends to get too hot, reduce the time of baking by 1-2 minutes accordingly.
- Remember to keep the cookies batter and cookies sheet/baking tray in cold temperature. The cookies dough or batter or balls should always be chilled before getting into the oven.
- DO NOT leave the cookies dough or cookies balls at room temperature. If the oven is not ready, shift the cookies dough or balls into the fridge and take them out only when the oven is ready.