Even if you are not a fan of dates, this cake will make you fall in love with dates. The smooth paste of dates and condensed milk combination makes this cake soft, dense, and moist. This cake has just the right amount of sweetness and crunch of walnuts.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 100 gms
- Sugar – 1 and ½ tbsp (Optional)
- Butter – 60 gms
- Milkmaid – 150 gms
- Milk – 50 ml
- Dates + ½ tsp Baking Soda – 140 gms
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ¼ and 1/8 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Walnuts (Chopped and Dusted) – ½ cup
- Deseed the dates. Wash them and chop them finely.
- In a bowl, take 70 ml warm water and add ½ tsp baking soda to it. Soak the chopped dates till they are soft. You can also microwave them for 2-3 minutes.
- Once softened, grind the dates into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 165°C and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve maida, baking powder, and baking soda together and keep the flour mixture aside.
- Melt butter, milkmaid, and milk on a double boiler or microwave for 30 seconds until everything is melted. Whisk with a hand whisk to mix well.
- Add flour mixture gradually and whisk well.
- Add dates paste and dusted walnuts and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven at 165°C for 30-35 minutes. Check after 30 minutes and insert a tooth-pick to check to see if the cake is completely cooked.