When you are baking lots of cakes and cupcakes, some of these items become your favorite. It could be because they are simple to make, they taste delicious, or they are simply plain genius. I will put the recipe of these cupcakes in all the three categories – simple, delicious, and awesome.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 200 gms (1 and 1/2 cups)
- Cocoa Powder – 45 gms (1/3 cup or 6 tbsp)
- Sugar – 200 gms (1 cup)
- Milk – 240 ml
- Oil – 120 ml
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Ingredients for Chocolate Frosting
- Butter (Softened/Unsalted) – 300 gms (1 and 1/3 cups)
- Icing Sugar – 500 gms (4 and 1/2 cups)
- Cocoa Powder – 100 gms (3/4 cup)
- Pre-heat the oven at 175°C and line the cupcake moulds with cupcake liners.
- Whisk and sift maida, sugar, cocoa, and baking soda and keep the dry mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, oil, vanilla essence, and apple cider vinegar with a hand whisk.
- Mix dry ingredients to the wet mixture in two-three batches.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds with a cup or batter dispenser (the mixture will be runny).
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes at 175°C.
- After 20 minutes, check with a tooth pick.
- Once done, take out the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool down.
Method for Chocolate Frosting
- Add butter in a bowl. Whisk the butter with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar and cocoa powder to the butter and whisk till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting on the cooled down cupcakes.