This cake has the nutty flavor of milk solids with a crunch of cashews. If you want to have the richness of milk and a lingering smell of cardamoms, go for this very Indian-style Eggless Mawa Cake. Mawa is solidified burnt-browned milk which is prepared by continuously boiling the milk till the water evaporates and only the milk solids are remaining.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 80 gms
- Fine Semolina – 20 gms
- Butter – 60 gms
- Milkmaid – 170 gms
- Mawa – 50 gms
- Milk – 50 ml
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ¼ and 1/8 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 2-3 pinches
- Cashews – 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 165°C and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve the maida, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder together and keep the flour mixture aside.
- Melt butter, milkmaid, and milk on a double boiler or microwave for 30 seconds until everything is melted. Whisk with a hand whisk to mix well
- Add flour mixture gradually and whisk well.
- Add mawa and roasted cashews.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven at 165°C for 30-35 minutes. Check after 30 minutes and insert a tooth-pick to check to see if the cake is completely cooked.