This cake is for all those people who want to make a birthday cake without eggs. This cake turns out soft, spongy and light – perfect for decorating with the icing or frosting.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 125 gms
- Sugar – 1 and ½ tbsp (Optional)
- Butter – 90 gms
- Milkmaid – 200 gms
- Milk – 125 ml
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp (for Chocolate Cake)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 165°C and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve maida, baking powder, and baking soda (and cocoa powder for Chocolate Cake) together and keep the flour mixture aside.
- Melt butter, milkmaid, and milk on a double boiler or microwave for 30 seconds until everything is melted. Add Vanilla essence to it and whisk with a hand whisk to mix well.
- Add flour mixture gradually and whisk well.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven at 165°C for 30-35 minutes. Check after 30 minutes and insert a tooth-pick to check to see if the cake is completely cooked.