This cake is my kids’ favorite and I make it almost every week. Simple recipe with very simple, easy to find ingredients. The cake comes out so good and this simple combination of milk and yoghurt with maida and sugar, will take you back to the times, when cakes used to Mom’s sweet treat 🙂
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 125 gms
- Sugar – 100 gms
- Yoghurt (Dahi) – 100 ml
- Vegetable Oil – 80 ml
- Milk – 80 ml
- Milk Powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and dust the baking dish.
- In a bowl, add curd, sugar, and baking soda. Mix it with a hand whisk and keep the mixture aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Sift maida, milk powder, and baking powder two to three times. Keep it aside.
- In the curd-sugar mixture, add vanilla essence and oil. Mix well.
- Add half of the maida mixture to the curd-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add milk and the remaining maida mixture and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C for 35-40 minutes. Check after 35 minutes and insert a tooth-pick to check to see if the cake is completely cooked.