These brownies are made with only chocolate and cocoa powder as main ingredients along with butter and sugar. They are simple to make and so delicious. I make these brownies with chocolate bar because that gives me the option to use slightly bitter or dark chocolate but you can use chocolate chips also in this recipe.
The flourless brownies have been in the scene since Brownies were conceptualized and because they are flourless, they also automatically qualify as gluten-free.
- Chocolate Bar (grated) – 220 gms (1 and ½ cup)
- Cocoa Powder – 20 gms (4 tbsp or ¼ cup)
- Sugar – 150 gms (3/4 cup)
- Butter – 55 gms
- Eggs (medium) – 3 number
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Grease the 8×8 inch dark metal pan. Line the dish with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper is coming out of the edges. Butter the parchment paper so that it sticks to the pan.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Keep folding till the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and keep it aside to cool down slightly.
- Add sugar to the chocolate mixture and mix it well with the help of a spatula.
- In a big bowl, add three eggs. Whisk the eggs for about a minute. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add cocoa powder to the eggs mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the chocolate and sugar mixture to the eggs mixture and mix well for about two minutes.
- Pour the batter in to the lined pan and bake for 25 minutes at 180°c.
- After 25 minutes, do the tooth-pick check. The tooth-pick should come out clean with a trace of melted chocolate.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting the brownies.