This cake surprised me with its wonderful taste and moistness and at the same time soft and light texture. The only hard work to be done while making this cake is to finely grate the carrots. With all the warm spices (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and Allspice) added to the flour, it is a perfect treat for winters. To take the taste of this cake to a different level, apply a layer of cream-cheese frosting. Enjoy this cake with a mug of hot coffee.
- Gluten-free Flour – 160 gms (1 ¼ cup)
- Sugar – 125 gms (2/3 cup)
- Brown Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Eggs – 2 number
- Butter – 60 ml (melted)
- Oil – 80 ml
- Applesauce – 3 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cloves Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Allspice Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Shredded Carrots – 1 cup
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
- Dust the baking dish with butter and gluten-free flour.
- In a medium bowl, take gluten-free flour and add baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, cloves powder, allspice powder, and salt. Whisk everything together to mix well.
- Take another large bowl and add eggs to it. Add sugar and brown sugar to the eggs and beat with an electric whisk until properly mixed.
- Add applesauce, oil, and melted butter to the eggs and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add shredded carrots and flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix with light hands using the spatula.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once done, take it out from the oven and let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Apply a layer of cream-cheese frosting on top of the cake for added taste.