This cake is very close to chiffon cake in its texture and taste. Corn flour gives that lightness to the cake and since it is gluten free, the structure of the cake is absolutely light and delicate. My kids had no clue about this cake being different from the regular flour cakes as they enjoyed eating it as much as the sponge cake made from all purpose flour. Just follow this recipe to the ‘T’ and enjoy this beauty 🙂
- Rice Flour – 65 gms
- Corn Flour – 25 gms
- Sugar – 100 gms
- Whole Milk – 30 gms
- Vegetable Oil – 20 gms
- Eggs – 4 number
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C and grease the spring foam baking dish and line it with a butter paper.
- Sieve rice flour, corn flour, and salt together. Keep it aside.
- Separate the eggs yolks and egg whites.
- Take egg whites in a large bowl and add 1 tsp of vinegar to it.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk and keep adding sugar gradually. Whisk for 3-5 minutes till soft peaks are formed.
- Add the egg yolks to the egg whites and mix with a hand whisk.
- Pour the sieved flour mix to the eggs mix in 3 batches and mix gently with a hand whisk.
- In a small bowl, add 30 gms of milk, 20 gms of oil, and 1 tsp of vinegar, and vanilla essence. Mix it all together.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a hand whisk. Mix until the smooth mixture is formed. Take the help of spatula, if required.
- Pour the batter in the baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, increase the oven temperature to 170°C and bake for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once done, take it out and keep it aside to cool down.
- Loosen the corners with a knife and open the spring foam circle.