This cookie is full of healthy ingredients and very easy to make with very less effort on mixing and baking. Once you have gathered all the ingredients, its dough can be prepared within 10 minutes and another 10 minutes for baking. To make them extra tasteful, drop some chocolate sauce over them using a piping bag.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 65 gms (½ cup)
- Rolled Oats (Oatmeal) – 130 gms (1 and ½ cups)
- Brown Sugar – 110 gms (½ cup)
- Butter – 35 gms (3 tbsp)
- Eggs – 1 number (Or 30 ml milk+2 tsp milk powder)
- Honey – 85 gms (1/4 cup)
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
- Sieve together maida, salt, and baking soda and keep the mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric whisk till they make a smooth mixture. You can also use hands to cream butter and sugar. Do not over-beat or over-whisk the butter-sugar mixture.
- Add honey, egg, and water to the butter-sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add maida mixture to the liquid mixture and mix properly.
- Add oatmeal to the mixture and mix together everything.
- Drop a small ball of dough (using a tablespoon) on to the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for 10-12 minutes. Remember to check the cookies after 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Your cookies are cooked if you see them browning from the sides.
- When you will take out the cookies from the oven, they will be soft and cushy. Do not cook them more.
- Follow these steps after the cookies are cooked:
- Take out the baking tray and keep it on the cooling rack. Let the cookies be on the baking tray till the tray is hot.
- Once the tray is at room temperature, remove the cookies from the tray and keep them on a separate plate and allow them to cool for another 30-45 minutes.
- If your oven tends to get too hot, reduce the time of baking by 1-2 minutes accordingly.
- Remember to keep the cookies batter and cookies sheet/baking tray in cold temperature. The cookies dough or batter or balls should always be chilled before getting into the oven.
- DO NOT leave the cookies dough or cookies balls at room temperature. If the oven is not ready, shift the cookies dough or balls into the fridge and take them out only when the oven is ready.