This instant coffee cake is so simple to make that you will be surprised how easily you baked this super soft, spongy, and delicious cake. This goes out to all the coffee lovers who always wanted the taste of coffee in their cakes. This coffee cake is called Instant Coffee cake as it is made with instant coffee. The mocha frosting made with coffee and cocoa powder gives this cake an instant uplift.
Ingredients for Coffee Cake
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 180 gms (1 and 1/2 cups)
- Sugar – 170 gms (3/4 cup + 2 tbsp)
- Canola/Sunflower Oil – 70 ml (6 tbsp)
- Eggs – 4 number
- Coffee Powder – 4 tsp
- Warm Water – 4 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for Mocha Frosting
- Butter – 200 gms
- Cocoa – 4 tbsp
- Icing Sugar – 250 gms (2 cups)
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Coffee Powder – 2 tbsp
Method for Coffee Cake
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C and dust the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix coffee powder with warm water and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, sieve maida and baking powder and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl (which would be your main bowl), add 4 eggs and beat with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar to the eggs and beat until mixed well.
- Add oil, vanilla essence, and coffee mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add maida and mix with an electric whisk or spatula.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake for 38-40 minutes at 180°C.
Method for Mocha Frosting
Mix all the frosting ingredients and spread on the cooled down cake.