You cannot complete the discussion on breads until you have discussed the pizza base. There are many ways in which you can make a good pizza base. Different cultures have developed their own versions of the pizza base. The pizza base recipe varies in terms of which flour and yeast to use and the fermentation process. If you are making a bread, you can use the same dough for your pizza base too. However, if you just want to make a pizza and you do not have time for 2-3 rounds of fermentation process, this recipe is just for you.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 300 gms (2 cups)
- Warm Water – 250 ml (1 cup)
- Active Dry Yeast – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- In a small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar. Let it stand for 5 minutes until the mixture foams on the top.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture and knead until the soft ball is formed.
- Knead the dough for few minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly-oiled bowl and cover with a clean-damp cloth.
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes in a dry and warm area.
- Pizza dough will be ready to use after 30 minutes.