This cake never fails to catch anyone’s attention. It is a sponge cake with a flavor of cocoa and smooth velvet texture. One thing that sets it apart from any other cake is the bright color which totally lifts your mood and you get a big smile on your face. Add the cream cheese frosting on it and this cake suddenly shifts to a much higher level.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 190 gms (1 and ½ cup)
- Sugar – 200 gms (1 cup)
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 60 gms (1/4 cup) (unsalted and softened)
- Vegatable/Canola Oil – 100 ml (½cup)
- Buttermilk – 100 ml (½ cup)
- Eggs – 2 number
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- White Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Red Food Color – As required
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and line the baking dish with parchment paper.
- Sieve maida, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt for aeration. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Whisk egg whites till fluffy and stiff. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar on a medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add oil, egg yolks, vinegar, and vanilla essence to the butter-sugar mixture and whisk until everything blends together.
- Add dry mixture and buttermilk alternatively to the mixture. Start with dry and end with dry.
- Add food color, as required.
- Add the egg whites to the mixture and fold on lightly.
- Pour the mixture in to the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.