Vanilla cupcake are delicious and so versatile. The best thing about them is that they give you a neutral base upon which you can build more flavors. The vanilla cupcakes give you the best reason to enjoy chocolate frosting, buttercream icing, tangy blueberry icing, and lots of other flavors. Cupcakes are easiest to make where we simply mix dry ingredients separately and wet ingredients separately and finally mix dry and wet mixtures in the end.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 200 gms (1 and 1/2 cups)
- Sugar – 180 gms (3/4 cup)
- Butter – 110 gms (1/2 cup)
- Eggs – 2 numbers
- Sour Cream – 120 gms (1/2 cup)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C and line the cupcake moulds with cupcake liners.
- Sieve flour (maida), baking powder, and salt and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy with an electric whisk.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter-sugar mixture and keep whisking with an electric whisk.
- Add sour cream and vanilla essence to the butter-sugar-egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Now, add flour (maida) to this wet mixture and slowly combine until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture with a spoon or ice cream scoop into the cupcake moulds.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, check with a toothpick if the cupcakes are cooked.
- Once done, take out the cupcakes and let them cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, decorate them with your favorite icing.