Pound cakes are the easiest to make – take almost equal measures of flour, sugar, and butter and mix everything together. In this recipe, the amount of sugar is a bit less as we are adding honey. Adding honey in the cake recipe will make the cake dense and moist and the crust of the cake will be dark. Although honey is sweeter than sugar and has high fructose level, it is still considered a healthier choice as it has lower glycemic index which lowers the blood sugar level and prevents weight gain.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 226 gms (1 and ¾ cup )
- Sugar – 190 gms (1 cup)
- Butter – 227 gms (1 cup)
- Honey – 60 ml (1/4 cup)
- Eggs – 5 number (Large)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve the maida, baking powder, and salt for aeration and proper mixing. Keep it aside.
- Take a large bowl and add butter, sugar, and honey on high speed with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and keep beating.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixture and mix well until smooth.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Do the tooth-pick test in the center of the cake and keep baking till the toothpick comes out clean. Keep increasing the baking time by 2-3 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.