This recipe is a combination of Fudgy Brownie recipe and Red Velvet Cake recipe. Instead of semi-dark or dark chocolate, we have used milk chocolate and just like in Red Velvet Cake, we are using Apple Cider Vinegar. The biggest tip while making any Red Velvet baking dish is to use the gel color only.
- All Purpose Flour – 90 gms (3/4 cup)
- Cocoa Powder – 15 gms (2 tbsp)
- Sugar – 80 gms
- Brown Sugar – 50 gms
- Butter – 110 gms (½ cup)
- Eggs (large) – 2 number
- Milk Chocolate Bar – 20 gms
- White Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Red Color – 1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
- Line the baking dish with baking paper. Make sure the parchment paper is coming out of the edges. Butter the parchment paper so that it sticks to the pan.
- Sieve together flour, cocoa powder, and salt and keep it aside.
- Melt the butter in a double boiler or microwave. Butter should burn slightly.
- In a bowl, add chocolate and both the sugars. Add the hot, melted butter to this bowl and swirl till the chocolate and sugars melt. Keep folding till the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- In a separate bowl, mix lightly eggs, vanilla essence, vinegar, and food color. Add this mixture to the butter-sugar mixture. Beat the mixture lightly.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes. Check after 30 minutes and tooth pick should come out clean.
- Let the brownies cool down completely (at least 45 minutes).
- Spread cream-cheese frosting and cut the brownies into squares.