I am thankful to Jemma for this greatest red velvet cupcakes recipe. The red velvet cupcakes are just vanilla cakes with cocoa powder and buttermilk and Apple Cider Vinegar. That’s why they have this tangy taste which brings out the distinct flavor of red velvet cupcakes. These cupcakes are as good as the Red Velvet Cake with the same smooth and velvet texture and bright red color. Spread the Cream Cheese Frosting on the top and enjoy the abundance of taste.
My tips – Use only cream cheese and icing sugar for the frosting and the frosting will come out good and use gel or paste color for all red velvet baking!
Ingredients for Cupcakes
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 117 gms
- Cocoa Powder – 7 1/2 gms
- Sugar – 125 gms
- Butter – 135 gms
- Eggs (Large) – 2 number
- Buttermilk – 3 tbsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Red Color – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for Frosting
- Butter – 75 gms
- Cream Cheese – 120 gms
- Icing Sugar – 100 gms
- Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- Prepare the cupcake tray by lining the cupcake paper cups.
- Sieve together Maida + Cocoa Powder + Sugar + Salt in a big bowl.
- Add butter and eggs to the dry mixture. Whisk with an electric whisk.
- In a separate small bowl, mix red color + buttermilk + vanilla essence.
- Add the color mixture to the main mixture and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, put baking soda and add vinegar to it. Put this sizzling mixture into the main mixture.
- Mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down, decorate the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Method for Cream-Cheese Frosting
- Add butter (optional) and Cream-cheese in a big bowl.
- With an electric whisk, beat cream cheese for 10-15 minutes until it is stiff.
- Add icing sugar to it and beat once more.